About The Adventure Hub
We are a collection of six adventure travel companies based in the PNW, with a combined 60 years of experience in the travel industry. Individually, we support various modes of adventure through road and off-road cycling, hiking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and kayaking. Together, we have a comprehensive year-round offering of outdoor activities for the whole family. Our collection is made up of Bicycle Adventures, Evergreen Escapes, San Juan Kayak Expeditions, Sacred Rides, Seattle Mountain Bike Tours, and Cycle Portland.
Who We Are
Our internal team is comprised of about a dozen creative, hard-working, year-round employees; the Basecamp Operations Manager will join the Basecamp team that is comprised of members from each of our brands. While the Basecamp team works behind the scenes on all the details that make our tours a success, we partner closely with our Sales and Marketing team members to make sure we’re delivering the same products they are selling. While this role primarily serves our guides, every employee is also a salesperson to varying degrees and embraces our “all-in” environment, in which all staff are prepared to step in and take on tasks outside their expected role.
Position: Wallace Basecamp Manager
We are seeking a Basecamp Operations Manager to support our bicycle tour companies, specifically Bicycle Adventures and Sacred Rides, while building a new profit center in Wallace for rentals, repairs, retail and tours. This role would also partner with our other brands basecamp roles as needed and for company-wide policies and procedures. The first priority will be supporting Bicycle Adventures and Sacred Rides multi-day tours.
This job will share in the responsibility for everything related to the physical assets of our tours including forecasting, budgeting, management, and maintenance of our bicycle, van, and trailer fleets as well as tour equipment. The primary goal of this role is to ensure the tours and guides have everything they need to deliver world-class tours to our guests consistently and safely. The position is product manager, store manager, bike mechanic, vendor manager and inventory specialist. The position will be completely autonomous at times while also working closely with the entire team and company president to ensure a consistent, safe product that complies with all company policies and procedures as well as any government agencies and affiliations.
- Set and demonstrate proper bike handling and care to be used by guides and staff
- Establish bike organization and tracking system to be used by organization
- Forecast equipment needs and purchase bikes and parts as needed
- Assign bikes to guests for all tours
- Ensure bikes are fully cleaned and tuned for tours
- Hire and manage part-time mechanic as needed
- Coordinate out of area bike rentals as needed
Fleet Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure vehicle documentation is up to date in vehicles and on file with the office
- Ensure vans and trailers are in good state, including taking them in for regular and as-needed maintenance. Ability to problem solve and use basic tools for jobs like installing running board, racking, air filters, etc. is preferred
- Maintain a master vehicle and trailer tracker to know which vans and trailers are needed on which tours and when
- Proactively provide input on vehicle/trailer purchasing or leasing needs as they arise
- Install bike racks on the roofs of the vans and trailers as needed
- Order bike racks and van/trailer parts as needed
- Make sure vans and trailers provided to guides are in a presentable state with the adequate bike racks needed for their tour
- Manage van and trailer parking and storage
- Manage DOT compliance, including our Hours-of-Service software/hardware and documentation.
- Make sure outside of warehouse is presentable for staff and guests
- Manage utilities and services, security system, trash and recycling
- Keep warehouse organized and clean
- Purchase/replenish tour and warehouse supplies as needed
- Work closely with the Basecamp Guide Manager on guide schedules and procedures
- Coordinate guide prep, load, and unload schedules, and help as needed/available.
- Be primary point of contact for guide emergencies pertaining to equipment
- Organize and rent satellite storage units as needed
The Adventure Hub
- Work closely with the president to determine just what The Adventure Hub will become for the Silver Valley and the role it will play with its Sister Companies. As a new business, this will require an entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor’s degree, or 2+ years related experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Bicycle Mechanic certification preferred
- This job is physical: must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Email cover letter and resume to the Guide Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.